Grace Lutheran Church Monthly News
October and November 2019
Please remember to fill out the communion cards so that your attendance can be recorded!
Divine Worship October Sundays at 10:30 am Pastor Rod Parker presiding.
ATTENTION: SERVICE TIME CHANGE! We will be moving our service time to 10:00 am on November 3rd (and following Sundays) to facilitate Pastor Rod's vacancy work with St. John's, Warman.
Bible Study Sunday Mornings at 9:30 a.m. until November.
- If you've missed a sermon or Echo Book Study and would like to catch up please visit Worship Services tab.
- St. John’s, Warman will hold a LAMP Commissioning Service for Pr. Randy Heide on November 3rd at 4 pm. Please keep all at St. John’s in your prayers as they prepare to call a new pastor.
- Join a new online bible study called The Word Endures Forever that begins on Reformation Day, October 31st. For more information visit https://thewordendures.org/ for more information!
Search YouTube for the following Confessional Lutheran channels: Fighting for the Faith, Bryan Wolfmueller, and RevFiskJ!
- LuMinHoS Annual Fundraiser Dinner for Lutheran hospital chaplaincy ministry November 17, 2019 at WDM. Dinner at 6:00 pm, Entertainment. Tickets $40.00 from your LuMinHoS rep or Donna at Grace's church office.
Parables has moved to 603-51st Street.
Lutheran Bible Translators Canada new address is
275 Lawrence Ave., Kitchener ON N2M 1Y3
- Sutherland School Cereal Drive
We continue to collect cereal. Please make sure the Best Before Date is for Fall of 2018. Cereals requested are: Rice Krispies, Vector, Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Special K and Granola. We also collect ice cream pails.
- Humboldt remains in our prayers. "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
- The Spiritual Care offices at RUH and City are now closed. If you need pastoral care while you are in the hospital please call the office or 306-649-2212 outside of office hours. Also, to assist Pastor Rod when you call please let him know which hospital you are in and your room number, and whether you desire a visit, and/or prayer.
- Secret Prayer Partner group. Please contact Grace's church office if you would like to be a part of this group.
- It is time to update our email roll call again. Please provide Donna with your most current email address and your permission to use it to contact you for special events such as Christmas, Easter and other special services or events.
- This year is Pastor Rod's Attendance Challenge Year: the goal is to attend one more Sunday each month than the month previous! Prayerfully look at your attendance and challenge yourself this year!
- This week's Evangelism Tip is prayer for yourself and others: Pray for opportunities to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, perseverance in sharing, and pray for receptive hearers.
- If you would like to have lunch and/or coffee with Pastor Rod please sign up for days Monday - Thursday! If you would like to have lunch with Pastor Rod and Tammy, please sign up for Sunday! We look forward to sitting down and sharing a meal with you.
- Volunteers Needed!! Volunteers are needed for the tasks on our regular Sunday services. Readers, Greeters, Communion Assistants, and Ushers. Please see Terry Wirth.
- Suggested reading and podcasts for the summer:
- Broken: 7 "Christian" Rules that Every Christian Should Beak as Often as Possible by Jonathon Fisk
- Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up? 12 False Christs by Matthew Richard
- He Remembers the Barren by Katie Schuermann
- Mission at Nuremburg: An American Army Chaplain at the Trial of the Nazis by Tim Townsend
- Pontius Pilate: A Novel by Paul. L. Maier
- Suggested podcasts:
- http://issuesetc.org/archive/ has everything from Sunday School lessons to discussions on science, politics, and movie reviews
- www.tabletalkradio.org A semi-informal podcast that features 2 Lutheran pastors talking about a wide variety of topics.
- http://lutheranpublicradio.org/ Sacred music for all times and seasons. This one is part of the Issues, Etc app that you can download and enjoy.